Here I am outlining the most important lessons that I have learned this year, and boy 2012 was quite the teacher. :)
- Sometime it takes losing your way to find your path.
- A true friend is the one who holds you when you cry, not the one who brings you tears.
- It takes courage to love and courage to leave.
- Although you should never run from your problems, sometimes it can bring you freedom, but only if you are brave enough to face them in the end.
- There is no such thing as a bad decision. Whatever road you choose will take you where you are meant to be. (...no matter how long and winding it may seem.)
- Friends (and maybe hot tea) are the best medicine, no matter what the ailment.
- Pets make the best roommates.
- Always have a book on you at all times. You never know when you might get stranded in Dallas for 10 hours alone.
- Make the most of your time with people because you never know when plans might change.
- A day without art is like a day without sun.
- Appreciate everything beautiful around and within you, everyday.
I am sure we have all learned some ever-valuable lessons this year that we can take with us into the new year! I wish you all a beautiful fresh start! Bring all the goodness you gained with you and leave the rest in 2012. :)
Have a lovely little day!