Thank you to Laurie, and thank you to everyone who reads my blog and shares their blogs with me! This is such an amazing community that I am proud to be a part of!
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominated for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog!
11 Facts About Me
1. I am currently going to school in pursuit of my second undergraduate degree. My first was a B.A.A. in Art with a 2-D concentration and minor in Psychology. I am now working on my B.S. in Art Education (K-12)
2. My favorite food is probably avocado.
3. I just got my very first tattoo this weekend! (unveiling as soon as it is healed!)
4. I have recently become an "accidental vegetarian" simply because I am a college student and there are so many more affordable forms of protein than meat! lol
5. I can't wait to have my own house one day so my Dad can help me plant a garden and I can grow raspberries just like my Grandpa!
6. My roommate Tom is always playing video games and talking on his headphones so I always go into his room and say "Oh, were you talking to me?!", it drives him crazy haha...
7. Every time I fall in love with a Bath & Body Works scent, it gets discontinued. (RIP Butterfly Flower, Forever Sunshine, Into the Wild, etc.)
8. I am still afraid of the dark... I have to run and jump into my bed when it is dark, because that is the safe zone. lol
9. I LOVE animals, going to the zoo and to the aquarium are some of my favorite things...
10. In the summer my favorite thing to do is go down to the river and write in my journal.
11. No matter where I live people tell me I have an accent, but they can never "place" it... hmmm.
11 Questions From Laurie
1. What's your biggest pet peeve?
When someone leaves the toothpaste cap on the sink and it leaves that little ring!
2. Cat or dog?
I love them both equally and will never choose no matter how many times people tell me I have to! :) I miss Amelia terribly right now though!
3. What's your most embarrassing moment?
I always have a hard time thinking of a specific event, but it has to be one of the numerous times I have fallen down! Usually stairs are involved.. haha
4. Who is your look-a-like celebrity?
Apparently Carly Rae Jepsen, but I don't see it...
5. Do you have a favorite wardrobe piece?
Earrings.. any and all!!
6. If you came into a large amount of money (think large) what would you do first?
I would travel to every continent in the world! And then pick my favorite and settle in for a while until I started my next adventure!
7. What'd your favorite mobile app?
8. What's your favorite season? Why?
I have this problem where, with the exception of winter, I think every season is my favorite while I am in the thick of it, but right now I am looking forward to Springtime because everything is fresh and new and I can wear dresses again!
9. What were/are your New Year Resolutions?
To enjoy each day as it is happening instead of worrying about the future!
10. What's been the best advice given to you?
We make the best decisions we can with the information we have at the time. There are no such things as mistakes, only learning experiences!
11. Name something you like about yourself.
I love the color of my hair and my ability to always see the potential in others! :)
11 Questions For My Nominees
1. What was/is your favorite childhood snack?
2. When did you start blogging?
3. If you could have any far-fetched career (Hollywood actor, astronaut, professional athlete, etc.) what would it be?
4. One piece of advice you would give to a new blogger.
5. What was the name of your first pet?
6. Favorite class you've ever taken?
7. Bad habit you wish you could quit?
8. The last trip you went on?
9. What is 1 thing you ALWAYS have on you at all times?
10. Favorite animal?
11. The last song that was stuck in your head?
My 11 Nominees
Tea For Bohemia
I just found out that another blogger I love nominated me too! Jess from the Foreign Room.. She is adorable so you have to check her out!
Although I already have nominated my blogs, I am going to answer Jess's questions since she was so sweet to consider me! :)
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging back in 2008 after being hit with fashion-blog fever! But soon I felt uninspired only focusing on my outfits and lost direction. This past summer I created This Lovely Little Day, a lifestyle blog, so I could focus on all of the things I love (fashion still included, just not the main focus)!
2. What's the story behind your blog name?
When I was 15 I went to Germany for a summer and met a boy named Sven, he told me I was "lovely" and it has been a favorite word of mine ever since. The projects I create make my days lovely, so it was a perfect fit!
3. What's your guilty pleasure?
Currently, graham crackers covered in Fluffy White Whipped frosting... or Justin Bieber, which is a recent thing, I promise! lol
4. Who is your favorite musical artist?
It changes all the time but Missy Higgins is the most played artist on my iTunes!
5. If you had some sort of super power, what would it be?
I would fly, hands down!
6. What's your favorite place to shop at?
Probably Forever21, but I love thrifting too!
7. What was your first job?
I was the breadstick girl at Fazoli's!
8. Beaty product must-have?
Covergirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm.. it is the perfect balance between gloss and color and has SPF 15 in it! I have about 5 or 6 different shades, I love it!
9. Where have you traveled to?
Germany, France, Belgium, and Mexico... And in the U.S. I have been around but never further west than St. Paul, MN or Wichita, KS (whichever is further west)... I want to go out that way and explore soon!
10. Do you prefer an evening in or out?
Depends on my mood... This weekend I am sick so staying in my with my DVDs and hot tea has felt amazing! But I definitely get a little stir crazy if I don't get out and have some fun on a regular basis! lol
11. What's your favorite holiday and why?
My favorite holiday is either Christmas Eve or 4th of July! These are the two days of the year that my family is always together and I love it!